Our talented team of Licensed Massage Therapists provides a variety of therapies to create a soothing spa atmosphere and a personalized massage for each individual. Take a break from your everyday hustle and bustle and treat yourself to a customized healing experience. Our therapists listen to your needs and are passionate about creating a massage to suit your body.
As part of a holistic wellness center, the massage therapists at Newtown Massage and Spa communicate with and work in synergy with our staff, including highly qualified trainers, chiropractors, nutritionists and acupuncturists, in order to provide the best therapeutic whole-body experience. In turn, we encourage our clients to communicate with our therapists to enable us to fulfill, and hopefully surpass, your expectations. We know that everything is connected and our mission is to help you restore your body’s balance. Look forward to a one of a kind bodywork experience, knowing that you are in the best of hands.
As chiropractic adjusts the bones, massage focuses on relaxing and lengthening the muscles and soft tissue. Tense muscles can cause skeletal misalignments, which is why massage is beneficial prior to a chiropractic adjustment in order to ensure longer lasting results. Equally, many personal training clients report improvements in their training sessions thanks to improved flexibility and range of motion, and all our trainers are advocates of the immense benefits of regular massage.
On that note, massage boasts a plethora of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Stress and anxiety reduction
- Pain reduction
- Better sleep
- More energy
- Improved concentration
- Increased circulation
- Improved flexibility and range of motion
- Reduced adhesions, scar tissue and swelling after surgery
Among other things, massage is used to treat the following conditions:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays
- Ease medication dependence
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins—peptides that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
We offer a unique range of treatments that will leave you feeling like a new person. Our Massage Modalities page provides you with a description of them to make it easier for you to choose the right one for you. Most services can be booked as a 60- or 90-minute treatment. Deep tissue and Swedish massage can also be booked as a 30-minute treatment.
Wherever possible, please give us 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your massage, so that your therapist has the opportunity to fill your slot with another client. If less than 24 hours notice is given, we charge a $25 cancellation fee.
*$55 special offer for first massage cannot be combined with any other promotions.